As a Muslim , we know that all the things we have today are only loan or advancement from Allah including our body..Allah lends us this body as a tool to be used in order to devote and submit ourselves in seeking mardhatillah.
Thus, we have to take a great care of our body and use it to the maximum we can in doing ibadat to Allah. And to keep healthy, we just need a simple formula.
- Eat right
Healthy eating habit tip : Start eating early and dont eat late at night
You should eat breakfast as soon as possible when you wake up, this will start your metablolism that slowed during the night, if you don't eat breakfast your metabolism will slow even further as your body reacts to the hunger.
Stop eating at least two hours before you go to bed. This will allow your food to digest properly and help your body rest and recuperate better from the previous day.
Healthy eating habit tip : What you should and shouldn't eat
This is simple. Don't completely change your diet all at once. Start by eating the same foods you are used to only the healthier versions of those.
Eat wholemeal and wholegrain bread instead of regular white bread, when possible. Eat wholemeal pasta and brown rice, low fat milk products, egg whites as well as lean meat and tuna.
Counting calories each meal contains is tedious and is generally not necessary for the average person. Simply stay away from the foods you know are bad for you, cut down on sweets, cakes, pastries and soft drinks. Eat less saturated fat.
Aim to consistently give your body what it needs: fruits, whole grains, vegetables, nuts, and lean protein. Drink a lot of water.
Review your eating habits and make changes where changes are neededNow is the time to review your eating habits and to start introducing small changes. Start by substituting unhealthy food with healthy variants, and eating more often.
courtesy from: http://www.flatstomachtips.com/increase-metabolism-eating-habits.html
2. Exercise well
The things exercise can do for you, both physically and mentally. The great thing about it is that you don't need much to get the benefits. Even just a few minutes a day can improve your health, well-being and help you:
- Lose weight
- Reduce stress
- Relieve symptoms of depression and anxiety
- Reduce your risk of heart disease and certain types of cancer
- Boost your mood
- Give you more energy
- Help you sleep better
- Increase bone density
- Strengthen the heart and lungs
- Improve your quality of life
Motivating Yourself to Exercise
While it's important to know basic exercise guidelines and principles covered on the next few pages, I think the most important step in starting an exercise routine is exploring the idea of motivation. Without that, all the advice in the world won't do you any good.It's important to remember that motivation doesn't just happen. It's something you make happen each and every day. If you have multiple reasons to exercise, you'll always have something to get you moving, even when motivation is short. The hardest part of exercise is getting started...if you can get that far, you've won half the battle.
courtesy from: http://exercise.about.com/cs/exbeginners/a/exbasics.htm
3. Be happy
suggestions for being happy every day.
1. Look on the bright side. You know, there is always a bright side, even in the midst of a bad day or even bad period of time in your life. For instance, if you lose your job, the bright side may be that you are now free to pursue a job you've always wanted. Perhaps the loss of the job and thus the necessity for looking for a new job may be just the push you need to pursue your dream job. Looking on the bright side of every situation can help you to be happy every day.
2. Talk to yourself. It is a kind of 'muhasabah' (looking back into ourselves). This is pretty good when it is done in the positive way, peacefully. You will see your strengths and your weaknesses. Utilize your strengths to help yourself and help others instead of being arrogant with it because arrogant is one of the heart illnesses that can prevent you from live healthtily. Be thankful for your weaknesses instead of being inferior to the earth because inferiority is one of the mental ilnesses that can affect the whole body, stopping oneself to be happy, hinder onself to socialize well with other people and alter the good system in his/her body by interupting the production of epinephrine whish is good for keeping body healthy.
3. Talk to God. The great thing about God is that He is always there and always willing to listen. People may not be around when you need to complain or talk about your concerns, but whether you are in the middle of a busy day or in the stillness of the night, God is there with you, and He is more than willing to listen. Sometimes knowing that you are not alone in your struggle by simply talking to God can help you to be happy every day.
If you said that it is hard to find healthy food nowadays, you should be realized that it is about an option and will power..
If you said that you got not enough time to exercise, you should be realized that every physical activity you make is an exercise and do make useful of it. And again, it is also about the will power.
If you said it is hard to be happy sometimes, it is ok for a very while, then look for the every angle of your life and be thankful for it. Then you will be smiling, sense that how beautiful this life is..
if you want to look wise, be humble,
if you want to keep fit, share your food"
-a quote from a speaker of Taaruf Week IIUM, Kuantan 06/07